Sticker Artwork

Share information about making your own gumball helmets.
Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Sticker Artwork

Post by Gumball Wizard »

"Gumball King" Bill Jones has a huge amount of ready-made artwork for gumball helmet stickers available in several Flickr albums here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gumballking/albums

Article on Bill here.

I am attaching similar sheets that I created myself for more recent leagues. Feel free to share if you have improvements.

Disclaimer: These are for personal use only. Commercial use involving active trademarks may present legal issues. I am not an attorney.
Attachments
LFA 2020.jpg
CAFL templates.jpg
IFL 2020 p1of2.jpg
IFL 2020 p2of2.jpg
AAF.jpg
XFL.jpg

Gumball King

Re: Sticker Artwork

Post by Gumball King »

Thanks for posting these and for sharing the information on my Flickr Page. I also have a more active Facebook page (search "Gumball King"). I am more than open to sharing my artwork with any fellow collectors. And thanks for sharing some of the newer teams and leagues - I really appreciate that. Keep the hobby alive!

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bill Jones

Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Post by Gumball Wizard »

Gumball King wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:57 am
Thanks for posting these and for sharing the information on my Flickr Page. I also have a more active Facebook page (search "Gumball King"). I am more than open to sharing my artwork with any fellow collectors. And thanks for sharing some of the newer teams and leagues - I really appreciate that. Keep the hobby alive!

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bill Jones
Thanks for chiming in, Bill!

Glad I could contribute a little bit.

There are a few Facebook pages related to gumball helmet collecting. I had been meaning to post links to what I had found and will get around to it soon. Bill's is at:

https://www.facebook.com/gumballhelmetking/

By the way, if I'm understanding the forum settings correctly (they are complicated!), you would have to register to post in any of the other sub-forums here; it was just a mistake that guests were allowed to post in this one. I won't fix it for now, but I'm afraid if I don't eventually I'll get spammed back to the stone age.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Sec19Row53

Post by Sec19Row53 »

I'm not sure who I got this idea from, but I like this version of the Barnstormers:

That would print at roughly the same length as a top helmet stripe. I applied it to a newer 49ers shell.

EDIT - I see that Bill DID have that style in his library. I really shouldn't be surprised :-)

Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Post by Gumball Wizard »

Sec19Row53 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:16 pm
I'm not sure who I got this idea from, but I like this version of the Barnstormers:
Thanks for sharing!

I haven't tried one like that for the Barnstormers yet. The stickers I was printing out with the Brother label printer were a little stiff and didn't lend themselves to following contours of the 3D surface. I have recently switched to a laser printer (which I will talk about in the other thread) and the stickers from the label paper I am using are thinner and more flexible. This has some advantages and disadvantages, but it works better for things like this. Below are versions of the Birmingham Thunderbolts of the 2001 XFL with both the traditional gumball stickering, and a more true-to-life wraparound design:

Unless one is a strict purist, to me the wraparound looks a lot better and is preferable.

Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Post by Gumball Wizard »

Art for The Spring League (Fall 2020 season, due to Covid-19 pandemic), and the Fan Controlled Football League.

In FCF, the Wild Aces and Zappers started out with silver/gray helmets and the Beast and Glacier Boyz started out with black, but as players were moved from team to team every week, they just changed their logos and kept the same shell, so by the start of the playoffs the shell colors for any given team were pretty badly mixed. For the championship game they made the Glacier Boyz all black again and the Wild Aces all silver/gray.
Attachments
TSL.jpg
FCF2.jpg

Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Post by Gumball Wizard »

2021 lineups for the TSL and three indoor league attached.

Next week one more indoor league starts as well as the Canadian Football League and the Liga de Futbol Americano in Mexico. You never know for sure what a team is going to wear until they hit the field.

Disclaimer: These are for personal use only. Commercial use involving active trademarks may present legal issues. I am not an attorney.

TSL.jpg
Indoor Football League 2021.jpg
Indoor Football League 2021 p2.jpg
American Arena League 2021.jpg
American Arena League 2021 p2.jpg
2021 Champions Indoor Football.jpg

TomS

Post by TomS »

Just finished up the European League of Football decals. The league obtained permission from the NFL to use the old WLAF/NFLE names and colors of their choosing. The games summaries are all uploaded on YouTube
Attachments
ELF V1-2 Print Sheet 2.jpg

Gumball Wizard
Site Admin

Post by Gumball Wizard »

TomS wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:39 pm
Just finished up the European League of Football decals.
Looks good.

Attached is what I wound up using, and the National Arena League which is currently playing.

The Leipzig Kings had showed a black shell design before the season started and I kept hoping they would use it additionally, but so far just the yellow which I don't like as well.

And the Wroclaw Panthers prior to this season had the panther facing to the right on both sides of the helmet. I had to go back and change them because they "fixed" it this year so both sides face forward.

In a couple of weeks we'll see if the CFL changes anything other than the Eskimos becoming the Elks.

2021 National Arena League.jpg
2021 European League Football.jpg

TomS

Post by TomS »

The 3D aspect of the logos is very unique and gives a fresh look on these old V1-2 helmets. Do you have any pics of completed sets with these logos?